Monday, April 11, 2011

What my shopping cart looks like without plastic. The Wild Planet tuna can claims to be BPA free. Taking a chance here... is it free of all plastics or just BPA? And of course the milk has a plastic top. You do what you can. The Afflia soap is in a paper box.



A glimpse of my produce bin in the fridge. I used cotton baskets from ikea as dividers - I don't want my produce touching the plastic of the bin if possible. My partner Shawn thinks this is crazy, but I like the way it looks anyway so I'm going with it. Everything has stayed crisp and fresh so far.


My bread storage solution. So far this works great! Actually, the bread is much nicer to eat than the cold bread from fridge, which is how we had stored our bread before. Notice the Kamut puffs. I did take them out of the plastic, but does it even make a difference? If food has been stored in plastic and you remove it from the plastic container is there any positive effect? Haven't been able to find out anything about this possibility.


My lovely all-glass refrigerator storage. I have to admit I love how clean and crisp everything looks. Glass just feels great, organic, clean. Most of these containers originally had plastic tops, but I went to a couple thrift stores and bought a bunch of random glass tops which you can always seem to find on the cheap. My favorite all-glass storage is Weck containers, but they are a bit pricey.


No comments:

Post a Comment