Monday, April 18, 2011

surprise!

Encountered a few surprises this weekend after what I thought was a plastic-fee shopping trip...


Accidentally bought some organic, fairly traded plastic.


Discovered plastic in my favorite coffee. But, it's an easy fix – I can buy it in bulk.

Actually... I do care. I don't want silicone on my parchment paper. Guess I should have looked at the other side of the box before putting it in my cart.

Plastic is everywhere. All these products looked so natural & safe when I was shopping. A result of greenwashing? Not really, plastic is the norm for packaging and most people wouldn't bat an eye at any of these products. But, it's hard for someone trying to avoid plastic to know exactly what lurks on the inside of "paper" packaging. Trial and error.


No comments:

Post a Comment